Wednesday 26 February 2014

ONE YEAR ON

Can’t believe it’s already a year since my very first post… how time fly's. It just seems like yesterday when I was second guessing whether or not to start a blog. Looking back, I felt like I didn’t accomplish much over the past year, and so I decided to follow Elizabeth Halford advice of “browsing through my hard-drive” to see what I was up to throughout the past twelve months. Looking through all those images, they brought back memories of what a full year I actually had. 

My 2013 in review
  • I finally started a blog (this blog) which was “originally a class project and the intention was to make it more than just that…”  
  • Was part of the team that created The Masterpiece (yearbook) – awesome folks!
  • I learnt a new skill of designing stuff like newspapers and magazines using In-design with amazing results.
  • Through photography, I worked and travelled to new destinations, met and made friends with remarkable individuals - got to work-hard to keep them though.   
  • I discovered writing and I must admit it’s not the easiest thing. In the process I got my work (photos and articles) published; not one’s, not twice but a number of times in different publications with three articles as main stories.  
  • Got chances to photograph some eminent persons including the president.
  • Taught three of my ‘students’ basic photography skills and today I stand a very proud teacher.
  • Wrote 26 posts about photography here on my blog and to date hit approximately 2680 views.
  • Successfully organised a three-day photo exhibition – always wanted to do this.  
  • Finally completed my undergrad and it sure feels great!
  • Covered several events as a freelancer including six weddings (got to double that)    
  • Toyed with the idea of executing my start-up – a photography outfit which am still debating.
Well, those are some of the things that I can remember and while I know the year is not new to make resolutions, it’s not too old not to either. However, my mantra over the years has been: “Don’t say what you’re going to do, just do it and let them see it done,” consequently I have never been a fun of making resolutions but there’s always a first time for everything, right? I vow to make 2014 better and yes… to also quit second guessing! 

 


Camera - NIKON D90
Focal Length - 40mm 
Shutter Speed - 1/200 sec 
Aperture - f/9 

ISO/Film - 200 
Category - Absruct 
Uploaded - February 26th 2014  
Taken - February 25th 2014
Location - Westlands Nairobi, Kenya 
Copyright - Stephen Mukhongi

No comments:

Post a Comment