Wednesday 10 April 2013

A PHOTO A DAY..

If you ask any photographer about their 'secret' to success, the most likely response would be practice... and lots of it! I personally cannot agree more, just like other professionals’ for example, professional sports men and women who put in years and years of practice in order to perfect their performances, a photographer should do the same if not more. A photo a day will normally go a long way in honing one's skills. You don't necessarily need to have a professional camera to achieve this; a small digital camera (point and shoot) or even a phone imbedded camera like the type in our smart phones can still do. The idea is to constantly keep practicing photography basics as well as trying out new techniques. Don't hesitate to click away whenever a photo opportunity presents itself, regardless your surroundings. I used to take photos of about anything in-front of me, from billboards, sunsets, and moonlights, to artworks... even utensil! That was before I lost my phone to a pickpocket in a matatu *curses* but during photo assignments or projects, I have the habit of capturing interesting subjects especially in between the breaks.

I turned my half-full glass of apple juice into a subject. I captured this during a break while on an assignment.


 Camera - SONY SLT-A57
 Focal Length - 50mm
 Shutter Speed - 1/50 sec
 Aperture - f/5.6 

 ISO/Film - 800
 Category - Abstract 
 Uploaded - April 4th 2013  
 Taken - January 29th 2013
 Location - Panafric Hotel Nairobi, Kenya
 Copyright - Stephen Mukhongi

2 comments: