Tuesday 25 June 2013

BLACK & WHITE: THE NEW COLORED III

In photography most situations call for quick decision making and at times risk taking; thinking and acting on your feet is important, also knowing exactly what you want as your final image and going for it, save's everyone lots of trouble and precious time. After the 'night' garden shoot everyone was visibly tired. So we all headed to the hotel lobby to gather our belongings and take our leave, and also allow the newly weds time to rest. The place (lobby) was a sight to behold; very colorful, with beautiful hanging artworks, comfy seats and all... I knew I wasn't going anywhere without capturing that! In moments the cameras were out again, ready to shoot away. Unlike the poorly lit gardens outside, the lobby was a stark contrast with too much light. For the second time, my 'test shots' were not impressive; my subjects were disappearing in all that warm bright light. I was working under borrowed time and could not afford to waste a second experimenting with the light settings. Consequently, I chose to finish what I had started with black and white... the gamble paid off. 
   
I wanted as much negative space between my subjects as possible hence I made the two love birds seat on either sides of the sofa's armrests' this also allowed me to include hanging artworks in the same frame. Congrats' Wangari & Charles!

    
 Camera - CANON EOS 7D
 Focal Length - 18mm
 Shutter Speed - 1/40 sec

 Aperture - f/3.5 
 ISO/Film - 1000
 Category - Wedding 
 Uploaded - June 25th 2013  
 Taken - June 1st 2013
 Location - Jacaranda Hotel, Nairobi
 Copyright - Stephen Mukhongi

No comments:

Post a Comment