Wednesday 12 June 2013

SECOND NATURE

I photograph pretty much everything, but I will be lying if I say I love all my photography subjects equally. Truth be told, I favor some subjects over others; nature for instance is one subject area that gets the least amount of love from my cameras. Come to think of it, this is the main reason why my “critique” <whose views I always appreciate> keeps telling me to stick to my forte and let nature be! In my defense I would say photographing subjects like nature, wildlife and landscape is not a walk in the park. Though not impossible, they require some special form of attention, and Lord know patience is not one of my virtues though slowly but surely am working on it, since it is a prerequisite for taking good pictures. I believe the main ingredients of nature photography apart from having patience, is one to have a lot of interest and dedication as well as seizing travel opportunities. With these, shooting exotic locations or indigenous flora and fauna becomes second nature.                                                                                                        

I was trying to photograph a rather uncooperative subject (a bird) who flew all over the place, finally leading me to this nest only to find there was nobody home..

  
 Camera - NIKON D3100
 Focal Length - 55mm
 Shutter Speed - 1/80 sec

 Aperture - f/5.0 
 ISO/Film - 280
 Category - Nature 
 Uploaded - June 12th 2013  
 Taken - June 3rd 2013
 Location - USIU Nairobi, Kenya
 Copyright - Stephen Mukhongi


No comments:

Post a Comment