Tuesday 12 March 2013

SECRET

I find photographing people interesting, more so when my subject is a grown up. I have come to realize as adults, we are very conscious and most times we are not our "normal self" whenever a camera is pointed at us instead we put on an act of how we want to be perceived by the camera. this poses a challenge to the photographer. As a photographer, the secret is to strike a rapport with the subject. I normally ensure they get used to me and my equipment as this makes it easy for them to follow instructions. I make my subject relax by telling them not to think too much and advice them to breath easy since most of us hold our breath, and that increases tension. My ideal photos of people are the ones that brings out their real personalities; whether they are serious and quite, people oriented and fun loving, naughty and funny, hyperactive or even shy.  


Right is Patroba (Miss. USIU) whispering a 'secret' to Great (Mr. USIU) during their shoot for Sauti Magazine. My friend (momo) did a great job directing this shoot.

  

                                 
                                           
                                    

                                  Camera - NIKON D3100
                                  Focal Length - 36mm
                                  Shutter Speed - 1/60 sec
                                  Aperture - f/5 
                                  ISO/Film - 60
                                  Category - Fashion
                                  Uploaded - March 12th 2013                                   Taken - November 29th 2012
                                  Location - USIU Nairobi, Kenya
                                  Copyright - Stephen Mukhongi

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Once you get the secret,everything becomes easy.Keep doing what you do best.So proud of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beatrice, I really appreciate it.. al keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great piece of work.
    Keep on bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Walter.. Asante Sana.

    ReplyDelete